Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions govern your access to and use of this site.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Agreement to Terms and Conditions.
2. The Site is offered and available only to users who are 21 years of age or older, and reside in the United States or any of its territories or possessions.
The HART & CRU Site provides a concierge service that allows you to place orders for wine that we recommend. HART & CRU does not hold an Ohio liquor permit, is not authorized to sell wine directly to you and does not hold itself out as having the ability or authority to do so. As a concierge service and wine consultant HART & CRU places your wine order with duly authorized businesses that hold an Ohio alcohol retail sale permit (“Permit Holder”).
Age Restrictions to Place Orders. The minimum legal age in Ohio to order and buy alcohol is 21 years of age or older. The Company will not consider or take wine orders from any person under the age of 21. By using the Site, you represent and warrant that you are at least this legal age to form a binding contract with HART & CRU and meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use the Site. By using this Site you are representing that the person ordering through HART & CUR and by purchasing and receiving a shipment of wine from the Permit Holder is over the age of 21. You also agree that any wine purchased from the Permit Holder through this Site is intended for personal consumption and not for resale. If you do not agree with these conditions of use, please do not use this Web Site or accept these conditions.
Every effort is made with a wine order placed through this Site that the wine is not delivered to anyone who is under the age of 21.
Terms for Wine Orders
1. Placement of wine order. This Site allows you to review recommendations for wine and to personally place an order to purchase wine. HART & CRU acts as a concierge service to place your wine order with a Permit Holder who will sell you this wine. Once your wine order is received and we confirm receipt of money to pay for this wine, which payment includes any taxes, shipping or handling fees, we will submit your order to an approved by an Ohio authorized liquor permit holder (“Permit Holder”). Once your wine order is accepted and fulfilled by the Permit Holder you become the owner of this wine. This wine sale takes place in the State of Ohio.
2. Payment. At the time you place your wine order you will be required to pay the purchase price that includes the price of the wine, any applicable federal, state or local taxes, the payment for shipping wine to you if you so choose, and the costs and expenses we charge to complete this wine order. We accept payment electronically for orders placed through the HART & CRU Site by use of Square Space. If you place your wine order through US by means other than this Site payment can be made through Pay Pal or Quickbooks Intuit or by check or certified check. If you pay by check or certified check your order is not completed and processed until this form of payment clears standard banking procedures. Unless we otherwise agree, we must receive your payment before we will accept your order.
3. Pricing. The price you pay for the wine obtained through this Site is set by the Ohio Permit Holder as allowed and in conformity with Ohio law regarding the pricing and sale of wine. HART & CRU aims to provide accurate pricing and product information. It will, however, not be held responsible for any typographical or other errors in such communications. Your order is subject to cancellation by HART & CRU or by the authorized Permit Holder, at the sole discretion of either party.
Accessing the Site and Account Security
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the site, and any service or material we provide on the site, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the site is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the site, or the entire site, to users, including registered users.
You are responsible for:
· Making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the site.
If you choose, or are provided with, a user name, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You also acknowledge that your account is personal to you and agree not to provide any other person with access to the site or portions of it using your user name, password or other security information. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your user name or password or any other breach of security. You also agree to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information.
Intellectual Property Rights
The site and its contents, features, and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video and audio, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof), are owned by the Company, its licensors or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
You must not reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, store or transmit any of our intellectual property, except as follows:
· Your computer may temporarily store copies of such materials in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials.
· You may store files that are automatically cached by your Web browser for display enhancement purposes.
· You may print or download one copy of a reasonable number of pages of the site for your own personal, non-commercial use and not for further reproduction, publication or distribution.
· If we provide desktop, mobile or other applications for download, you may download a single copy to your computer or mobile device solely for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you agree to be bound by our end user license agreement for such applications.
· If we provide social media features with certain content, you may take such actions as are enabled by such features.
You must not:
· Modify copies of any materials from this site.
· Use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from the accompanying text.
· Delete or alter any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from this site.
The HART & CRU name, logo, and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans are trademarks of HART & CRU or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without our prior written consent. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans on the site are the trademarks of their respective owners.
You may not: (1) copy the software, except as expressly permitted by this license; (2) modify, translate, adapt or otherwise create derivative works or improvements of the software; (3) reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, decode or otherwise attempt to derive or gain access to the source code of the software or any part thereof;(4) remove, delete, alter or obscure any trademarks or any copyright, trademark, patent or other intellectual property or proprietary rights notices from the software, including any copy thereof; rent, lease, lend, sell, sublicense, assign, distribute, publish, transfer or otherwise make available the software or any features or functionality of the software, to any third party for any reason, including by making the software available on a network where it is capable of being accessed by more than one device at any time; or (5) remove, disable, circumvent or otherwise create or implement any workaround to any copy protection, rights management or security features in or protecting the software.
· In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the United States or other countries).
· For the purpose of exploiting, harming or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information or otherwise.
· To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material without our prior written consent, including any “junk mail”, “chain letter” or “spam” or any other similar solicitation.
· To impersonate or attempt to impersonate the Company, a Company employee, another user or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using e-mail addresses or screen names associated with any of the foregoing).
· To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone's use or enjoyment of the site, or which, as determined by us, may harm the Company or users of the site or expose them to liability.
· Use the site in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party's use of the site, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the site.
· Use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the site for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the site.
· Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the site or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent.
· Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the site.
· Introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
· Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the site, the server on which the site is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the site.
· Attack the site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack. Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the site.
Reliance on Information Posted
The information presented on or through the site is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
Changes to the Site
We may update the content on the site from time to time, but its content is not necessarily complete or up-to-date. Any of the material on the site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
Linking to the Site and Social Media Features
You may link to our homepage, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part without our express written consent.
The site may provide certain social media features that enable you to:
· Link from your own or certain third-party websites to certain content on the site.
· Send emails or other communications with certain content, or links to certain content, on the site.
· Cause limited portions of content on the site to be displayed or appear to be displayed on your own or certain third-party websites.
You may use these features solely as they are provided by us, and solely with respect to the content they are displayed with and otherwise in accordance with any additional terms and conditions we provide with respect to such features. Subject to the foregoing, you must not:
· Establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
· Cause the site or portions of it to be displayed, or appear to be displayed by, for example, framing, deep linking or in-line linking, on any other site.
The site from which you are linking, or on which you make certain content accessible, must comply with all applicable federal, state, local, and international laws and regulations, and it must not contain any material which is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory, misleading, or otherwise objectionable.
You agree to cooperate with us in causing any unauthorized framing or linking immediately to cease. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. We may also disable all or any social media features and any links at any time without notice in our discretion.
Links from the Site
If the site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to the site, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites.
The owner of the site is based in the State of Ohio in the United States. We provide the site for use only by persons located in the United States. We make no claims that the site or any of its content is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to the site may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the site from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
Disclaimer of Warranties
You understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the internet or the site will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our site for any reconstruction of any lost data. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON IT, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT.
YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR THAT THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
THE COMPANY HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitation on Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL THE COMPANY, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITE, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Limitation on Time to File Claims
Waiver and Severability
Effective Date: December 4, 2015